Eyewear & Metal 3D printing
Acetate and wood certainly have their appeal and polyamide has its advantages, but metal remains the preferred material for many spectacle-wearers.
This is why certain designers have chosen to work with metal as well. Ateliers Baudin, a talented group of French spectacle-makers, are pushing the concept of made-to-measure to the limit: the glasses are exactly the right size for you, but they also need to be compatible with your tastes. The Ateliers Baudin team know how to handle metal to make tasteful frames in a range of styles and materials.
Working with titanium
If there’s one metal that’s particularly popular amongst spectacle-wearers, it’s titanium. Light, robust, and durable, it’s a material of choice for elegant, characterful frames.
The two companies have joined forces to launch a range of customizable, made-to-measure eyewear in long-lasting, environmentally friendly titanium, thanks to 3D printing. Their aim is to offer a material that is a rare find in the 3D arena and has proven its worth time and again.
- Titanium 3D-printed glasses by the Belgian designer Hoet.
- Rectangular titanium frame created by the Belgian Hoet.
- Rectangular custom-made metal eyeglasses made by the creator Hoet.
- Designed by Hoet, these spectacles are 3D printed and have a metal rectangular frame.
- Customized metal cat eye glasses from the high-end brand Hoet.
- The Belgian Hoet presents one of his made-to-measure metal glasses.
- The brand Hoet offers unique 3D printed spectacles.
Featured image: Hoet
Learn more about custom-made glasses !